Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 01460
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Assistant Purchasing Manager is responsible for the overall procurement of materials, equipment, subcontracts, and temporary facilities required for Middlesex Corporation construction projects and inventory including negotiation of price, delivery, and credit terms.
Reports To: Purchasing Manager
Status: Full Time/Exempt Salary
• Maintain status updates for all projects to ensure the timely acquisition of materials and/or
• Review contract plans and specifications for contractual and technical accuracy prior to
• Meet with Project Management teams to ensure timely purchase of materials and award of
subcontracts in order to meet the
requirements of the project schedule
• Coordinate award of purchase orders and subcontracts with the Estimating and Project Management
• Assure that purchase orders and subcontracts are drafted properly and that they are complete
• Maintain Buyout Summaries to properly track purchasing on each project
• Evaluate all vendors and subcontractors for financial and performance ratings
• Interview sales representatives and potential subcontractors to broaden supply sources
• Act as a liaison with Vendors, Subcontractors, and the Accounts Payable Department
• Minimum 2 years of similar professional experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher,
and other graphics
• Construction field experience or estimating experience
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to interface with field management teams
• Self-starter with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong negotiating skills
• Excellent organizational skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
29 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.