Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 01460
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
The Safety Officer is responsible for the enforcement of the corporate safety program and providing safety oversight and support to construction operations. The position requires the ability to work collaboratively with managers and supervisors to provide a safe work environment for Team Members while using independent judgment to resolve safety related issues.
Reports to: Safety Director
Status: Full-Time, Salary
• Conduct safety inspections and audits of construction projects
• Preparation of weekly safety reports
• Assist Project Managers and supervisors with work planning and development of job hazard analysis and safe work procedures
• Conduct accident/incident investigations including root cause analysis
• Conduct industrial hygiene assessments
• Perform safety orientations including drug/alcohol testing
• Conduct safety training in small and large group environments
• Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, safety management, occupational environment health, industrial health, or related field beneficial
• Certified Safety Manager (CSM), or Certified Health & Safety Technician (CHST) certifications beneficial but not required
• Minimum of 5-7 years of field safety experience in heavy civil construction and transportation
• Knowledge of Construction Safety and Health regulations, including OSHA construction and general industry regulations
• Experience with Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) beneficial
• OSHA Authorized Construction Trainer
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
• Strong computer skills including MS Office
• Self-motivated and able to accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Above average organizational skills
• Willing to travel within region
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
127 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.