Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Elba Island
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 31404
This position will provide oversite of all QC activities of Robinson self-preformed work and monitoring activities of Robinson sub contracted work. The self-preform work includes structural steel erection and welding to AISC and AWS codes. The subcontracted work is pipe welding to ASME requirements; this includes NDE review, Flange Management, Cleanliness, Pressure Testing and Preservation as required by the owner.
• Provide assistance to the Project Managers and Project Superintendent as needed to ensure that the company’s scope of work is built in accordance to the project plans and specifications.
• Have a good working knowledge of computer systems and be able to learn all programs used by the company to preform QC Tasks.
• Coordinate and direct inspection work performed by Robinson Inspectors and subcontractors on self-performed work. Preform inspections and witness test as required.
• Monitor subcontractor work to insure compliance with company standards, procedures, and codes when applicable.
• Conduct internal/external quality control audits. Define corrective measures for problem areas and insure implementation.
• Communicate with external quality assurance officers during on-site inspections and meetings.
• Appraise customers’ requirements and make sure they are satisfied.
• Report all concerns to the Corporate QC Manager, Superintendent, and Project Manager.
• Maintain Quality Records and assist in developing turnover documents.
• Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data
• Review current standards and policies
• Keep records of quality reports, statistical reviews and relevant documentation
• Ensure all legal standards are met
• Be available to relocate to the project area and work on weekends when the job requires weekend activity.
• Technically direct, instruct, and train inspectors in performance of required inspections.
Must have a minimum five (5) years related construction experience (within the last ten years) as QC/QA Manager on construction projects of similar magnitude, scope and complexity as this project.
Working knowledge of codes, ability to determine acceptability and reject ability of work based on assigned criteria.
Be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with the field supervisory staff and owners representative.
81 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.