Construction Project Manager (25537)
Posted by: BHI Energy <Susanne.Swensen@bhienergy.com> on January 15, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 02090
BHI Energy currently has openings for Construction Project Managers to oversee and manage construction crews that are performing Civil and construction activities related to Transmission & Distribuution work across MA, CT and NH. MUST be local to one of these states.
Contractor must possess a sufficient pool of qualified and available project management personnel with verifiable and successful project implementation experience. Other skills include demonstrated team player and ability to change task direction smoothly, when required. Services can range in duration from a few months to a few years, depending on the scope and type of project.
Individual will lead multiple simultaneous distribution projects in a multi-internal and external stakeholder environment. Individual will be self-driven and highly motivated, with the proven ability to lead a team through development and execution of a complex program. Individual will collaborate with other managers and employees across the organization to ensure consistency and teamwork.
Individual is expected to perform as a professional project manager, with the expectation for timely identification of risk, issues and decisions to be made, and will have the ability to prioritize between competing project and stakeholders needs to achieve a measurable success. Individual will be accountable and have the responsibility to lead all phases of the program and drive to its completion effectively and within scope, schedule, and budget without undermining quality of work product and reliability expectations.
The individual will manage the program and other related initiatives under the direction of the Client and will lead teams in a matrix environment across the company. Individual will work closely with employees and management from Asset Management, Construction, Finance, Communication, Community Relations, Regulatory, Legal, and Purchasing. The client's projects are complex, multi-disciplinary in nature, with multiple sensitive external stakeholders and elevated financial exposure profile that will require strong attention to details and problem solving skills.
Individual is part of the management team and is expected to utilize proven leadership skills to manage team member's performance mainly in a matrix organization. Individual will develop and present written and oral reporting to executive management, local and state governmental agencies and outside organizations.
Primary duties will include overall responsibility for the management and execution of all aspects of projects , including development and monitoring of detailed budget, cash flow and schedule, development of regulatory reporting requirements and filings, coordination of regulatory approvals and interface with regulators and local elected officials and town department managers; managing the development and process for evaluation of engineering, design and construction, as well as for the procurement of labor and material; and insuring that all aspects of the projects are documented and completed in accordance with company policies and all regulations and laws.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
ACCOUNTABILITIES - PRIMARY DUTIES:
• Lead project team to successful execution of projects
• Acts as subject matter experts for Project Management policies and procedures.
• Representing the client at municipal meetings, direct customer interaction, or other interested party meetings.
• Continuously manage and analyze program's progress against budget, schedule and scope and develop and implement strategies to maintain course including management of change control process.
• Prepare and deliver in writing and orally clear, concise and comprehensive reports on project status to management.
• Manage the requirements for all bid documents for procurement of labor and material
• Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of all project submittals to regulatory authorities.
• Provides guidance and advice to less experienced personnel.
• Initiate and tightly monitor project change request documentation for project changes and makes recommendation.
• Integrates and manages a cross-functional project team to develop appropriate project roles and responsibilities.
• Prepares testimony such as written responses for local, state, or federal regulatory proceedings.
• Proven leadership, teambuilding, coaching, problem solving, interpersonal and motivational skills required.
• Manages performance of team members by identifying expectations, performance standards, and the use of timely feedback.
• Through knowledge of Project Management principles and practices
• Previous Project Management experience or Project Management certification is required.
• Demonstrated, through experience, very high standards of professional and project management competence.
• Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
• Demonstrated the ability to schedule, plan and manage numerous complex projects concurrently.
• Ability to professionally represent Owner at municipal meetings providing project overviews and answering questions
• Possessive highly developed communication skills, i.e. the ability to listen, write clearly and concisely, make presentations before senior management & external stakeholders, ability to discuss ideas and be persuasive, and able to work effectively with all levels within NU, government agencies and outside organizations.
• The ability to grasp concepts, analyze project information, determine facts, be sensitive to underlying issues, and make well thought out recommendations/decisions.
• Demonstrates the ability to analyze and interpret information and is sensitive to the client's strategic plans in formulating project decisions.
• Able to assess team member's abilities and motivational levels and adapts appropriate leadership styles to produce optimal performance.
• Continually develops others in the organization to produce a more productive work force.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
Transmission projects involving installation of:
- 115-kV and 345-kV open-air and gas insulated substations
- 115-kV and 345-kV overhead lines
- 115-kV and 345-kV underground cables
- 115-kV and 345-kV submarine cables
- 115kV and 345kV overhead / underground termination / transition facilities
- Protective relay and communication systems
Typically, each Transmission project is divided into two (2) phases:
- During Phase 1 of the project, the project team will conduct the following activities: system planning, environmental permitting, siting and licensing, preliminary design, preliminary engineering, RFP drafting and associated evaluations and negotiations. Purchase Orders for services and materials may be issued by the client at this time to support Phase 1 efforts. A project plan will be developed which will contain the following information:
- Project schedule, including work breakdown structure and dependencies
- Project budget, including cash flow
- Risk identification and management plan, including safety, environmental and community relations activities.
- Communications management plan
- Material procurement and construction contractor retention plans
- Other project specific work packages and plans as required by Owner.
- During Phase 2, the project team will conduct final design, final engineering, project construction monitoring, project management (including scope, schedule and budget monitoring and reporting), project commissioning and project close-out in a fashion to ensure that the scope, schedule and budget objectives in the Project Plan are met. Owner issues Purchase Orders for services, materials, and construction. The project team shall manage all material tracking, factory testing and field delivery activities, and shall oversee, manage and administer all construction Agreements. Other project specific work packages and scope may be required.
806 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.