Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
ATSS Engineering is currently looking for a Sr. Estimator for our client in Memphis, Tn.
- Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects as required by client’s documents and providing complete conceptual and total bid price
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Reviewing and evaluating Requests for Estimates
- Preparing weekly bid calendar and ensuring timely completion of estimates
- Reviewing estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy
- Creating job folders
- Reviewing construction documents and understanding scope of work to bid
- Executing take-offs of construction documents
- Inputting take-offs into computer spreadsheet
- Obtaining pricing for materials
- Obtaining bids from subcontractors
- Preparing cost analysis in computer by recapitulating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items
- Making an estimate where predetermined standard(s) are not available
- Informing immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted item or computer database
- Developing and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attending departmental meetings as required
- Photocopying documents and plans
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5-8 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and expertise
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Knowledge of Estimation software is strongly encouraged
- Experience with estimating techniques and cost control
- Ability to perform detailed labor and material take-offs
43 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.