Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Estimator is responsible for the accurate takeoff and pricing of the work for heavy/civil/roadway/marine projects with varying delivery methods. The Estimator assists with contacting, comparing, and selecting the appropriate subcontractors and vendors.
Reports To: Estimating Manager
Status: Full Time, Salary
• Perform takeoff and pricing of assigned direct and indirect cost items in full compliance with company
processes and procedures.
• Create the pre-bid schedule.
• Ensure that proper subcontractor and vendor coverage is obtained for the bid
• Ensure that the integrity of the bid files and process is maintained at all times.
• Work with the Chief Estimator and the estimating staff through bid submission
• Perform tasks related to bid and proposal preparation and submission
• Assist with design build pursuits, including preliminary investigation work, designer/client/stakeholder
• Knowledge of HCSS is preferred
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related field
• 2-5 years of complex highway, piling, bridge and marine construction experience
• Design Build experience a plus
• Excellent computer skills
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
• Strong analytical ability
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to function at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
• Must possess strong technology skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, Females and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.