Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Summary of Position Duties:
Employees in this have the opportunity to provide both technical and analytical support in association with various types of performance testing and optimization of major power plant equipment.
Responsibilities will include:
• Inventory and prepare equipment for transport.
• Provide setup, pullout, and troubleshooting of performance test instrumentation and equipment. In most cases, the engineer is not present, so this requires initiative and the ability to effectively plan, organize and execute the work.
• Coordinate the installation of test equipment with power plant personnel.
• Operate data acquisition software and debug test systems.
Responsibilities may include:
• Calibrate, operate, and maintain a full extracting gas sampling system, gas analyzers (CO2, CO, N2, SO2, O2, etc.), and other test and data acquisition equipment.
• Obtain coal and high volume or isokinetic ash samples.
• Perform manual velocity traverses (air and gas), and furnace exit gas traverses (HVT).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Working knowledge of power plant equipment and systems.
• Working knowledge of test instrumentation (gas analyzers, thermocouples, RTD's, pressure transmitters, data acquisition systems, watt meters, etc.)
• Basic computer skills and working knowledge of data acquisition systems.
• Strong interest in hands-on installation, maintenance, operation, and calibration of test equipment.
• Must have good driving skills and record - the driving record must indicate that the individual has shown great respect for public safety and traffic laws.
• Ability to work with limited or no supervision.
• Ability to perform physically demanding activities while working in all types of temperature extremes (10 – 130°F Ambient). Job requires candidates to bend, kneel, crawl, climb, stoop and stand for long periods of time.
• Committed to safety.
• Self-starter, demonstrating initiative and high productivity in a team setting.
• Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills with customer service attitude.
63 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.