Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Nationwide Traveling US Power Plants
Industrial Air Flow Dynamics Inc. (IAFD) is currently recruiting an Industrial Foremen to join our Traveling Construction Field Services Team. Must have a minimum of five (5) years prior experience within a Heavy Industrial job site environment.
IAFD is an industry leader in Expansion Joint Design Engineering, Manufacturer & Offers Turn - Key Field Construction Services to the Power Generation Industry. We proudly support the industry with American Made Products and Innovation since 2001. Global headquarters in Glastonbury, CT, our Field Service Construction team is strategically placed throughout the US with satellites in Kentucky, Florida, and Texas to provide services throughout the USA.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Supervise crew of 6-10 on demolition/reconstruction of expansion joints traveling to power plant throughout the US
- Take direction from Field Service Manager & communicate schedule, up sales, scope changes, material & labor needs
- Integrity, honesty & professionalism in interactions with crew, customers, contractors, & suppliers
- Responsible for providing direction, training & leadership of crew to complete project safely, on schedule & budget
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize urgencies, tasks, duties, and projects
- Leads installations to ensure work is performed according to company's standards and project specifications
- Ensure the proper safety equipment, materials, and tools are on site to perform required work
- Coordinates placement and storage of materials, tools, and supplies to support the construction plan
- Eliminates construction and job site hazards as they are recognized to reduce safety incidents and their severity
- Completes daily JSA, time sheets, work summary log w/ pictures & job closeout forms, inventory checklist
- Read, interpret, work from blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and specifications
- Must be able to read tape measure & able to calculate piping diameters
- Setup & maintain welding equipment, Weld flux core & Stick on carbon, vertical, horizontal & overhead
- Cut & fit steel with plasma cutter, learn to install, drill out, bolt on & splice expansions joints
- Supervise & ensure proper safety of crew lift/carrying (50-100 lbs.) up / down scaffolds
- Work on elevated surfaces such as scaffolding, on top of units, in boiler systems, 100+ feet & confined space
- Operate various power tools, hand tools, plasma cutters, grinders, impact guns, hydraulic jacks
- Perform grinding, drilling, bolting joints, insulation (ceramic & fiberglass) belts, steel plating, metal studs, etc.
- Operate & supervise operators forklifts, man lifts & additional aerial lift platforms if certification
- Willing to work in weather conditions that may be adverse (hot/cold/rain)
- Ability to travel throughout the US continuously for 3 to 5 months intervals
- Travel via airplane / shared rental car throughout the US
- Willing & able to work 7 days a week on 12-hour shifts when required
- Must be able to pass company safety training & client safety training
- Must have steel toe leather work boots, construction jeans, long sleeve shirts & reliable transportation
- Pass pre-employment drug screen/randoms, background check & periodical, and MVR w/ good record
- Willing to be on call for emergencies projects during off shutdown/outage season
- Current TWIC & Basic Plus
- Authorized to work in the US
IAFD Company Offers:
- Generous hourly range DOE
- Per Diem $80 a day (7/day basis)
- Paid Travel Time $14 an hour rate
- Paid Hotel (own) (Holiday Inns, Hamptons, Marriot, etc. No budget hotels unless all can get!)
- Flight & Shared Rental Car Provided
- Company provides all tools & PPE - Affordable medical, dental, vision, long-term disability
- Vacation, holiday
- 401K retirement
Industrial Air Flow Dynamics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IAFD Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply.
191 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.