Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Senior Staff Accountant will work closely with other members of the Accounting and Finance Department Team to assist with general ledger maintenance, the monthly closing process, financial statement and other report preparation, internal and external audits and tax return reparation.
Department: Accounting and Finance
Reports To: VP of Finance & Taxation / Controller / Assistant Controller
Status: Full Time, Salaried
· Work as an integral part of the Accounting & Finance team to assist with preparation of monthly closing journal entries for intercompany allocations as well as preparation of other related analysis such as year over year A/R comparisons
· Assist in preparation of monthly bank reconciliations, weekly cash flow reports and daily cash reports when required along with various other balance sheet and income statement account analysis
· Prepare various other periodic reports including:
· Site Management Cost-to-Date Report
· Diesel fuel tax filings
· Backlog tracking and updates for estimating
· Equipment usage postage reports of equipment hours including
· reviewing and posting to Heavy Job & Viewpoint
· Various other ad hoc reports and Excel analysis
· Support Assistant Controller with sponsored Joint Venture accounting including –
· Cost download, invoicing and payment processing for JV partners
· Running check-runs and partner distributions
· Generation and review of monthly financial statements
· Generation and posting of payment applications and
· Processing, posting and payment of JV subcontractor payables
· Support Assistant Controller and preparation of monthly Job Cost Recap reports for all construction projects
· Participate in year-end external financial audit and income tax return preparation as well as on-going internal job estimate to complete and process control audits
· Prepare and assist in preparation of certain state sales and use tax returns including posting of ACH payments
· Preparation of certain personal property tax returns
· Assist with monthly General and Administrative actual vs. budgeted variance analysis including running all detail cost reports
· Become proficient with general ledger/financial reporting software – Viewpoint, including becoming integral with remaining implementation and maintenance of key modules as well as assisting with special projects as presented and
· Communicate with many levels of management to gather, analyze and summarize financial information
· Business Administration major with concentration in Accounting
· Previous experience in construction and percentage of completion preferred but not necessary
· Knowledge of Viewpoint software preferred but not necessary
· Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Ability to function in a fast-paced, challenging environment
· Exceptional interpersonal skills
· Ability to function well as an integral part of our Accounting & Finance team
· Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
16 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.