Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
Responsible for planning and scheduling construction activities and crews associated with assigned projects. The schedule is designed to accurately predict project coordination and completion by promoting communication and increase the probability of early problem identification and efficient problem resolution.
Reports To: Project Executive
Status: Full Time, Salary
· Develop comprehensive baseline CPM schedules on a monthly basis and monitor the progress for project specification
· Review client’s scheduling requirements for assigned projects
· Work with estimators and project team to develop target schedule
· Actively participate in turnover meetings and assist project team in developing planned schedule
· Perform resource loading and leveling for project schedules
· Generate time impact claims and narrative reports to project team
· Develop recovery schedule to recoup for any delays and prepare delay claims
· Conduct risk analysis and claims assessment
· Ensure that assignment and scheduling of work follows company standards
· Monitor progress of contract including material and equipment deliveries critical to progress schedule and communicate factors that could result in re-planning or re-prioritizing of schedule
· Initiate and conduct monthly schedule updates including proper documentation of changes
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with project management and client scheduling group
· Evaluate current procedures and recommend changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects
· Actively participate in closeout meetings relating variances and lessons learned for future projects
· May perform a variety of tasks in the completion and periodic update of schedules. A degree of creativity and latitude is expected to assist in scheduling issues
· B.S. in Civil Engineering major or construction related field
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in the civil construction field
· Experience working with project management and a thorough knowledge of heavy construction logistics, resource planning and material management preferred
· Familiarity with a variety of the field construction concepts practices, and procedures
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the use of Excel, Word, and current Primavera updates
· Ability to travel to job sites as needed
· Attention to detail, organization, prioritization and ability to handle multiple tasks
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner
· Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Dedicated and hard working
· Possess strong leadership qualities
· Above average organizational skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
47 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.