Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Corporate Safety Director is responsible for the implementation and management of the overall corporate safety program. This position will manage the safety department staff and ensure compliance with all Federal (e.g., OSHA, MSHA, etc.), state, local, and other applicable construction safety codes and regulations.
Reports To: Vice President & General Counsel
Status: Full Time, Salary
• Represent TMC in all areas pertaining to safety in the workplace
• Develop, regularly update, and manage the overall corporate and jobsite-specific safety policies and procedures as well as all related guidelines, including hazard identification, use of personal protective equipment, accident prevention, accident/incident investigation, etc.
• Enforce safety regulations that affect employee, subcontractor, vendor, and site visitor's safety. In cases of imminent danger, direct responsible supervisor(s) to take immediate, corrective actions and/or cease operations or maintenance activities until the hazard has been corrected
• Manage and supervise all Safety Department personnel
• Develop and implement appropriate safety training programs for accident prevention and to improve overall corporate safety
• Establish and maintain safety and training records
• Perform regular inspections and safety audits to ensure compliance with the overall corporate safety program as well as other environmental and occupational health and safety requirements
• Attend various construction meetings (pre-bid, pre-award, pre-construction, etc.) as necessary
• Disseminate current applicable safety information to assure that appropriate action is taken
• Direct safety data management activities and see to the issuance of timely, comparative reports with recommendations to senior management
• Respond to and investigate all accidents/incidents
• Review accident/incident reports for significant trends in construction accidents and reported safety hazards
• Ensure compliance with all Federal (e.g., OSHA), state and local safety rules and regulation, including specific reporting and record keeping requirements
• Design and implement the Right-to-Know program and assure full compliance as mandated by law
• Stay aware of and up-to-date with all applicable federal, state and local safety rules and regulations
• Perform additional assignments as required by the needs of the Company, or as otherwise directed
• Bachelor’s degree in safety engineering, safety management, occupational environment health, industrial health, or related field
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification strongly preferred
• 20+ years of safety supervisor experience in the construction or related industry
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
• Strong computer skills including MS Office
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong leadership qualities with the demonstrated ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Dedicated, hardworking, responsible, and organized
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Exceptional stress tolerance
• Travel required to other regions
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
101 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.