Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
General Accounting Associate
Williams Industrial Services
Involved in the efficient operation of the Payroll, Accounts Payable and general accounting functions to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
* Involved in Accounts Payable, Payroll and other General Accounting functions; review and make sure that process is completed on-time and accurately.
* Ensure that compliance activities such as W-2 and 1099 processing is completed accurately and on-time.
* Review and input of AP invoice batches and submits check run file to the bank for processing and working with bank or IT when various problems arise.
* Communicate with vendors and project management on status of payments or credits.
* Review journal entries and reconciliations for all general accounts, accounts payable, and received goods not invoiced. Resolve reconciliation issues within due date specified.
* Analyze actual to budget variances for department expenses to ensure that expenses were appropriately coded.
* Ensure that fixed assets and capital expenditures are accounted for appropriately and approved by the appropriate parties.
* Interact with individuals at all organizational levels; conducts self in polite and professional manner.
* Demonstrates a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Must be proficient in basic accounting principles and concepts.
* Must also have strong understanding of A/P and Payroll processes and best practices and a general understanding of how A/P and Payroll function relates to overall accounting cycle.
* Must be proficient knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications.
* Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
* Must have 5 to 6 years of accounting experience
* Must possess ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish departmental goals.
* Must possess ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Must possess ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; takes initiative when resolving problems.
Education: Bachelorís Degree in Accounting or related field required. Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management.
Experience: Five to seven years Accounts Payable and Payroll experience required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
130 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.