Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for assisting in the management and administration of the Company’s overall payroll function.
Reports to: Payroll Manager
Status: Full-Time, Salary
· Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies
· Process multi-state weekly payroll, including check printing, reconciliation and distribution
· Process and issue employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions
· Process employment verifications, garnishments, IRS levies, and other miscellaneous compliance issues
· Process paperwork for new employees and enter employee information into the payroll system
· Produce weekly labor reports and other required reports as requested
· Payroll tax deposits and reconciliations
· Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records
· Compute wages and deductions and enter data into financial reporting software
· Record employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, and resignations to maintain and update payroll records
· minimum three years’ experience working with an in-house, manual payroll system or accounting software package
· Experience with Viewpoint software, the construction industry and prevailing wage reporting is a plus
· High proficiency in Excel with working experience on pivot tables, queries and V-lookups a must
· Conversational Spanish skills a plus
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Team player with strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
· Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Dedicated and hard working
· Possess strong leadership qualities
· Above average organizational skills
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
8 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.