Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Williams Industry Services Group
Labor Relations Representative
This position administers the company labor relations program, objectives, policy and procedures. Serve as an onsite liaison between the business agents and job stewards and site management and assists with other union labor matters.
* Administers the company labor relations program, objectives, policy and procedures.
* Participate in conflict resolution with various job stewards and business agents and collaborate on labor relation strategies.
* Has input on labor relation issues including contract interpretation and discipline; Awareness of terms and conditions of contracts that are active and ongoing. Coordinate onsite labor relation activities with outside contractors and third parties.
* Investigates and at times resolves employee grievances, concerns and labor disputes.
* Understands collective bargaining agreements to discuss interpretation of intent, spirit and terms of contract.
* Maintain and nurture established labor management relationships.
* Serve as the company representative for the local and onsite committee meetings and conferences.
* Participates in various analytical projects and create reports as requested; Maintain current statutory information for bidding purposes.
* Solicit union wage and benefits information from the local unions with jurisdiction on projects that are in the bidding process.
* Participates in the commercial pricing portion of RFPís.
* Maintain union craft billing rates on active and special projects as they relate to union craft and labor relations.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Technical Skills:
* An solid understanding, skill and ability in labor relations, principles and practices
* Knowledge of business principles and practices as they apply to industrial relations
* Ability to analyze labor relations issues and offer solutions
* Proficient knowledge in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook and database applications
Ability to participate in labor contracts and to represent Company in the interest of conflict resolution.
* Ability to make challenging decisions regarding labor relations.
* Demonstrate a motivation to provide fast, accurate and complete customer service at all times to all employees and management.
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
* Ability to multi-task and handle varying tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive material.
* Ability to apply organizational skills when given a project; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines.
* Must be able to motivate and manage individuals to accomplish goals.
* Use resources effectively to generate solutions; take initiative when resolving problems.
Bachelorís degree in Accounting, Business or Management preferred; Equivalent experience considered at the discretion of management; Masterís degree or equivalent experience a plus.
* 2-4 years prior experience required;
* 5 -7 years experience preferred.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
139 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.