Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Seeking experienced P&C Leads and Techs.
Position is 80%-90% travel to OH, MI, IN, TX, OK, NM.
Pay is $25.00-$60.00 per hour depending on experience.
Please see job description below and submit resume for immediate consideration.
AEP Vetted Lead is a BIG Plus
And Xcel pre-commissioning engineer experience is a big plus.
Job Summary: Complete projects involving protection & control systems, components, and accessories related to electrical distribution systems from 34.5KV to 765KV.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review elementary one-line diagrams and control wiring diagrams
• Perform point to point checks on control wiring
• Perform commissioning, calibration, operational and functional tests on multi-functional solid state protective relays utilizing a 3-phase test set
• Configure and modify protective relay settings in accordance with Coordination Study
• Troubleshoot protection and control schemes involving multi-functional solid state relays
• Perform full functional tests of protection and control systems
• Perform acceptance testing / commissioning of line traps, CCVT’s, BCT’s, CT’s, and PT’s
• Verification of circuit integrity by applying AC or DC current as required
• Verification of solid state relay wiring and configuration
• Verify overall utility relay protection scheme matches original elementary protection scheme design
• Provide technical support and assistance for sales engineers and technical report writers.
• Conduct safety meetings as required by EC Source Safety Policy.
• Ensure compliance with EC Source environmental and safety policies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Graduate Engineer BSEE, Graduate of Electrical Technical School or Military equivalent is a plus or equivalent work experience. NETA/NICET Level II to IV Certification is preferred and PE is a plus.
• Experience testing CT’s, PT’s and other equipment associated with protection schematics
• Experience with the following manufacturers’ relays: Schweitzer Engineering Labs (SEL321, SEL421, SEL311, SEL451, SEL351, etc.), GE Utility Relays (L60, L90, D60, D30 Multilin 750, Multilin 469, etc.).
• Experience utilizing 3-phase relay test equipment including Omicron, and Doble.
• Experience utilizing RTS, Protection Suite and Protest software to test protective relays.
• Requires a high degree of communication, supervisory, organizational and good management skills.
• Strong knowledge of the National Electrical Code and various industry standards, such as OSHA and NFPA.
• Basic computer skills including editing, formatting and using templates in Microsoft Word, use of Internet for standards/products/manufacturer research.
• Willing to work flexible hours, weekends, holidays and night work. Must be available for out-of-town and of up to several weeks.
• Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, and smell. Frequently required to sit, climb and balance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, basic color differentiation and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and frequently lift and/or move 100-pound test sets.
• Able to work flexible hours including overtime, nights, weekends and some holidays
• Able to work overnight, multi-day and out-of-town projects
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, education verification, motor vehicle report, physical abilities test and an approved hair and urine drug screen.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be willing to obtain a company paid TWIC card, OSHA 30 hour, MSHA, NFPA 70-E,
and CPR training
171 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.