Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Newport News
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 23606
C.A. Jones is seeking structural fitters for new construction AND repair naval aircraft carrier work in Newport News, VA. This is a long term opportunity with a competitive compensation package.
Four years of industrial or commercial experience structural fitter
1. Single Pass Tack Welding.
2. Burning-Oxygen/Propane Burning Torch.
3. Heating-Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
4. Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum and reference lines.
5. Ability to comprehend fractional dimensions as with the use of a ruler.
6. Ability to layoff piece parts for fabrication and assembly.
7. Ability to assemble structural piece parts in accordance with specifications in a quality manner.
8. Experience working in a physically demanding environment (steel fabrication, etc.).
9. Use vibratory tools (grinders and needle guns)
Must be able to work all shifts. Must have reliable transportation.
Must be a US Citizen. Must be able to pass a background check and hair follicle drug test.
Resumes are required for consideration.
This position offers:
* Long Term work opportunity
* Overtime on an as needed basis
* Per Diem for qualified candidates (permanent residence must be over 75 miles outside of shipyard)
* Total compensation (hour plus per diem)- up to equivalent of $43.50 /hr (includes per diem)
* Health Insurance
* Vacation Bonus
* Holiday Bonus
52 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.