Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 71052
PLEASE APPLY AT WWW.1800JOBSUSA.COM
WELDER COMBINATION - LOOK FOR REQUISITION(463201.455)
Estimated Start Date * ASAP
Full-time OPENING AT IP MANSFIELD MILL MAINTENANCE
Work Area * Paper Machine
Work Schedule * 5-8'
Salary/Hourly Rate $ * 28.00
Pay Type/Schedule * Hourly
Position Summary: Zachry is currently accepting applications for Industrial Combination Welder at a power plant in Mansfield, LA. This position will consist of but not limited to assisting fitters, joining and/or fabrication of industrial piping systems.
Position Responsibilities :
· Follows direction from supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· Will weld, fabricate and assist pipefitters in installation of varying types of industrial pipe
· Must be able to stick and tig weld on pipe
· Must have the ability to weld in 2g, 4g and 6g conditions
· Must have current applicable welding certification with Zachry or be able to successfully pass a weld test
· Must have 4+ years on the job experience or 2-year technical school training
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Demonstrated industrial maintenance history experience
· Knowledge and experience with hand tools and power tools
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must understand how to read and interpret technical manuals in order to determine work procedures
· Access to the job site requires meeting pre-set criteria of a criminal background check
· Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits
· Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding
· Detect faulty operation or equipment or defective materials and notify supervisors
· Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material
· Examine and recognize defects
· Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade
· Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers
· Have current or pass Zachry weld certification restricted
o GTAW & SMAW processes
o IGMA 11 AA procedure
o Must be able to weld 2 sch 160 and 4 sch 40
o Testing material carbon steel
Valued but not required skills, knowledge, and abilities:
· Former Zachry employee
· Training in vocational schools or related on the job experience
· Experience in coal power plant
Physical demands and work environment:
· Physical demands: Arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances, colors, depth perception and peripheral vision. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations. May be required to work in close, confined spaces for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
Requirements Medical *Drug Screen
98 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.