Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Nationwide Traveling to Power Plants
We don't hire for a Project, we hire for the outage season!
Must have TWIC Card in hand - No paper accepted.
Typical hours are 7 x 12ís, some plants restrict us to 6 x 12ís not many. We average about 9 months of solid work a year.
We operate a little different than most contractors in the outage/shutdown industry!
- We mobilize our crews via paid flights and/or rental cars
- Company shared paid hotel room - No budget hotels
- $14 an hour travel time
- $70 a day per diem on a 7/day basis
- We provide all tools & PPE
Wages: Labors $16. Skilled Labors $16-18 Boilermakers $20
Industrial Air Flow Dynamics Inc. (IAFD) is currently recruiting Industrial Skilled Tradesman to join our Traveling Construction Field Services Team. Must have a minimum of five (5) years prior experience within a Heavy Industrial job site environment. IAFD offers foreman on the job training, this is your chance to learn a valuable industrial craft trade, join a respected & successful company that offers solid training, competitive pay, with a strong commitment to safety.
IAFD is an industry leader in Expansion Joint Design Engineering, Manufacturer & Offers Turn - Key Field Construction Services to the Power Generation Industry. We proudly support the industry with American Made Products and Innovation since 2001. Global headquarters in Glastonbury, CT, our Field Service Construction team is strategically placed throughout the US with satellites in Kentucky, Florida, and Texas to provide services throughout the USA.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Will demolition/reconstruction of expansion joints be traveling to power plant throughout the US
- Setup & maintain welding equipment
- Weld flux core & stick on carbon, vertical, horizontal & overhead
- Cut & fit steel with plasma cutter
- Learn to install, drill out, bolt on & splice expansions joints
- Read, interpret, work from blueprints, diagrams, sketches, and specifications
- Must be able to read tape measure & able to calculate piping diameters
- Lift / carry (50-100 lbs.) up / down scaffolds
- Hard worker, fast pace, dependable & reliable, work as a team & willing to learn
- Work on elevated surfaces such as scaffolding, on top of units, in boiler systems, 100+ feet & confined space
- Operate various power tools, hand tools, plasma cutters, grinders, impact guns, hydraulic jacks
- Perform grinding, drilling, bolting joints, insulation (ceramic & fiberglass) belts, steel plating, metal studs, etc.
- Operate fork lifts, man lifts & additional aerial lift platforms if certification
- Proper PPE must be worn at all times & adhere to all safety rules/regulations
- Willing to work in weather conditions that may be adverse (hot/cold/rain)
- Ability to travel throughout the US continuously for 3 to 5 months intervals
- Travel via airplane / shared rental car throughout the US
- Willing & able to work 7 days a week on 12-hour shifts when required
- Share hotel room with a co-worker & share company rental car
- Must be able to pass company safety training & client safety training
- Must have steel toe leather work boots, construction jeans, long sleeve shirts & reliable transportation
- Pass pre-employment drug screen/randoms, background check & periodical, and MVR w/ good record
- Willing to be on call for emergencies projects during off shutdown/outage season
- Current TWIC & Basic Plus
- Authorized to work in the US
IAFD Company Offers:
- Learn a trade not just a job, we offer OJT with structured pay increases
- $20 an hour
- Per Diem $70 a day (7/day basis)
- Paid Travel Time - $14 an hour rate
- Paid Shared Hotel (Holiday Inns, Hamptons, Marriot, etc. No budget hotels unless all can get!)
- Flight & Shared Rental Car Provided
- Company provides all tools & PPE - Affordable medical, dental, vision, long term disability
- Vacation, holiday
- 401K retirement
Industrial Air Flow Dynamics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IAFD Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans and disabled persons to apply.
119 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.