Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: New York
Country: United States
The Traveling Project Superintendent manages and oversees the day- to –day operations at the construction site of solar projects.
The Traveling Project Superintendent’s primary purpose is to provide direction, in addition to coordinating the activities of all subcontractors involved in the project making sure operations can take place without hindrance or disruption. The ideal candidate enjoys working on a team, conducts themselves in a professional manner, and wants to join a company where everyone works together to get the job done.
• Manage and oversee construction projects for the installation of solar racking systems, modules, inverters, DC wiring system, AC wiring system, interconnection. Shutdown and BOS.
• Supervise subcontractors and labor crews to ensure the project conforms to the plans, specifications, schedules and budgets.
• Coordinate material and equipment logistics.
• Maintain and exceed labor production goals.
• Deliver projects on schedule and within the approved budget.
• Interface with vendors for pricing
• Generate 3 week look ahead for the project managers.
• Coordinate and report findings to construction, operations, and business development departments.
• Focus on safety, quality, production and client satisfaction.
• Conduct daily safety talks and job hazard analysis.
• Manage and coordinate work to ensure that it is constructed in an orderly and deliberate manner that is consistent with the standard- of – care set forth in the contract documents that is viewed by industry as an effort that is consistent with best practices standards.
• Obtain all inspections and ensure that the quality aspects of the physical work are fully documented.
• Manage all changes in project scope to ensure that the most contemporary contract documents are being used at all times to prevent avoidable rework. Report all scope changes to the project managers.
• Maintain daily paperwork including field reports, schedule updates and email correspondence.
 5 years of experience in general construction, 1 year of solar photovoltaic experience.
 Ability to manage multiple projects and a large- scale workforce.
 Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
 Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
 Highly motivated, driven and results oriented, with the ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment.
 Ability to interact with people on all levels ensuring that all external and internal communication is carried out to a high standard.
 Excellent critical thinking and decision- making abilities.
 Must be willing to travel to remote sites and stay on location when needed.
22 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.