Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 92802
A Project Manager is responsible for the direction and implementation of a portfolio of construction projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. The Project Manager leads and directs the progress on each project including initial planning, scope development, contracting, construction, and closeout; maintaining leadership responsibility throughout the project life cycle. The Project Manager will define the project’s objectives, determine the appropriate partners, and oversee quality control while meeting strict deadlines and managing the project budget and will also participate in strategy development, leading and managing team members, and coordinating vendor participation.
• SAFETY - Responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for a contractor-submitted safety plan, and compliance with the project safety plan. Includes: compliance with all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements, and FAM SOG’s.
• PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT - Responsible for the development, planning, execution, and closeout of all aspects of the portfolio of projects throughout their life cycle. Includes: project design, development, implementation, budget, management of individual portfolio to maintain cash flows per quarter, maintaining accurate EFC’s for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files. Makes suggestions to lessen operational impact, and negotiates with operators to implement projects in the most cost effective manner.
• CONTRACT DEVELOPMENT - Develops bid strategies with Procurement including administration of contracts, scope of work, unit costing items, bid alternates, and operational constraints required for contract preparation.
• PROJECT SCHEDULE - Responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and ensuring proper man loading requirements by contractors to achieve the desired completion date. Foresees issues based on historical precedence and mitigates known risk.
• CLIENT COMMUNICATION - Responsible for coordinating operational constraints and job objectives concurrently to achieve as seamless a project implementation as possible. Including timely communication with business partners, clients, and leadership regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts. Develops and conducts presentations to client and FAM executive team.
• TECHNICAL COMPETENCY - Technically competent with various software programs, such as SAP, Microsoft suite, and project management tools. Utilize project and contract management systems to manage the daily operation of the business.
• PROCESS COMPETENCY - Responsible for timely issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from Estimating, conversion to change orders, and management approvals to ensure accurate EFC reporting and timely job closeouts. Able to develop a project capital authorization request.
• LEADERSHIP - Anticipates potential issues and communicates them to multiple levels. Able to coach and mentor an intern, and identify team member strengths and development needs.
8+ years of Commercial Construction experience (Merchandise and/or Food & Beverage Commercial Construction experience is HGHLY preferred). SAP experience is a plus. Construction Project Management software experience is a plus (PM Web, Expedition, etc.).
62 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.