Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: BELLE CHASSE
Country: United States
Job Description *
Zachry Chevron Oronite Belle Chasse, Louisiana is currently accepting applications for Industrial Scaffold Builder Journeyman (NCCER PLUS Certified). This is a maintenance position for long term work at Chevron.
The position consists of but not limited to erecting, dismantling and inspecting scaffold systems . Employee will be required to adhere to large amounts of standing, walking, bending, squatting and lifting. Will talk and hear to communicate. Will use arms and hands to signal, grab, hold, turn, push, pull: objects, materials, controls and tools. Give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand directions. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely. Will occasionally work at heights, climb ladders and stairways and work off of platforms. Will use vision abilities to focus, see short and long distances. Will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: Fire Retardant Clothing , hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and steel-toe boots.
· Work environment: Will work in all weather conditions ranging from warm/hot –cool/cold. Occasional rain. Will work at different elevations.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
· Proficient mechanical skills
· Working knowledge of pin lock (systems) scaffold
· Able to communicate items of concern found during inspections and walk downs
· Knowledge of industrial machinery and equipment
· Organization and time management
· Must have good aptitude and manual dexterity
· Good reading comprehension
· Ability to work with others – team player
· Good communication skills with co-workers and supervisors
· Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
· Must have reliable transportation
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OVERTIME WITH LITTLE TO NO NOTICE
MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM WORK
WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK OCCASIONAL CALL OUTS AND WEEKENDS
Certifications and/or Licenses Required *
NCCER - Industrial Scaffold Builder
14 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.