Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Survey Manager must be well versed in survey programs such as Civil 3D, Carlson, and Trimble Business Center, automated machine control, developing and maintaining 3D terrain models for projects. General responsibilities include training and supervising field survey staff, managing survey data for multiple projects, implementing proper survey procedures (computational and operational) and related quality control, and accurate & consistent field reporting.
The Green Line Extension Project, a 4.7 mile extension of the MBTA's light rail Green Line from Boston to Somerville and Medford.
Reports To: General Superintendent
Status: Full Time/Salary
· Work directly with the Project Managers and Superintendents regarding initial project layout requirements, means and methods of establishing project survey control, and field reporting
· Utilize Trimble survey equipment and software including GPS, Robotic Total Stations, and manage Machine Control equipment
· Software used includes SCS900, Trimble Access, and Trimble Business Center
· Import/Export data to/from field instruments including data collectors and machine control
· Must be well versed in survey programs (Civil 3D, Carlson, Trimble Business Center), automated machine control, developing and maintaining 3D terrain models for projects
· Work with other project Field Supervisors to coordinate (with Superintendent) and engage (with Field Engineers) in surveying for jobsite activities, including survey computations and field layout for major phases of construction, prior to the start of any significant activity
· Oversee survey equipment (calibration & maintenance requirements and security) and discusses with the General Superintendent recommendations concerning any purchasing and repair decisions and technology upgrades
· Scheduling and training of survey crews, quality control, and job site safety
· Perform calculations for horizontal and vertical survey control by use of GPS, total station, etc., including organized documentation of survey notes
· Preparation of final records for the project, including as-builds
· Coordinating and monitoring the work of survey subcontractors
· Preparation of survey crew field data and assignments, including data collector transfers, creating designs and work orders, models for GPS machine controls, coordinate lists and worksheet plotting
· Keep Project Managers and Field Supervisors informed on status of all assigned projects and tasks
· Research and obtain all information needed for the successful completion of the project including previous survey evidence, maps, utility investigations, site inspections and other records to obtain data or evidence needed for survey
· Use Civil 3D, Carlson, and Business Center software for contouring, setting alignments, setting points for construction staking
· Edit and troubleshoot incoming data collector files in accordance with company procedures. Reviews and utilize survey crew field notes
· Do independent double checks on all critical survey layout in accordance with Middlesex policies and procedures
· Represent the firm in a professional manner, with well-composed correspondences (letters, transmittals, memos, e-mails, etc.)
· Minimum 10 years of progressive experience performing construction project layout and 5 years in a survey management position
· Preferred to be licensed in the State of Massachusetts as a Professional Surveyor and Mapper as well as having a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering Technology
· Knowledge of appropriate principles and practices of surveying, sufficient to solve complex surveying problems
· Knowledge of modern survey equipment such as robotic total stations, data collectors, field software. Knowledge of GPS equipment and survey controller(s) is essential
· Ability to research previous survey evidence, maps, deeds, physical evidence, as well as other records to obtain data needed for surveys is required
· Requires the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with departmental officials, subordinate, related personnel and the general public
· Demonstrate excellent communication, verbal and written skills
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
· Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Dedicated and hard working
· Must be organized and be capable of multi-tasking
· Excellent leadership abilities and work within a management team
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
· 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
· Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
· Life/Disability Insurance
· Paid Vacation/Holidays
· Voluntary Benefits
· Health Care Advocate
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"
26 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.