Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Project Engineer is responsible for preparing and maintaining project documents and logs, and providing technical support to the Superintendent and Project Manager.
The Green Line Extension Project, a 4.7 mile extension of the MBTA's light rail Green Line from Boston to Somerville and Medford.
Reports To: Project Manager
Status: Full Time/Salary
· Direct oversight of assigned field engineers
· Provide technical support for appropriate Field Superintendent
· Receive, review and submit shop drawings
· Address relative correspondence and review with the Project Manager
· Provide delivery support for the Field Superintendents
· Provide technical review of work in the field to specification requirements
· Advise Project Manager of any potential change orders or claims
· Coordinate and monitor long lead items that are schedule significant
· Provide, as necessary, continued reevaluation of means and methods
· Direct oversight of technical drawings for structural steel, concrete work, rebar
· Conduct field visits with QA/QC to manufacturers of long lead items as determined by the schedule requirements
· Coordinate and take the lead responsibility during the submittal process
· B.S. in Civil Engineering major or construction related field
· 5 years of experience in the civil construction field
· OSHA 10 Certified
· Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
· Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner
· Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
· Dedicated and hard working
· Possess strong leadership qualities
· Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
· 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
· Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
· Life/Disability Insurance
· Paid Vacation/Holidays
· Voluntary Benefits
· Health Care Advocate
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Team Member Referral Program
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
78 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.