Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 85539
Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resource company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, oil and gas. The Company has a dynamic portfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry and is the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold, oil and gas producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially responsible manner.
We have the assets, the talent, the drive and the financial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan.
A Line Electrician safely performs duties relating to the construction and maintenance of high and low voltage power transmission lines and related structures and system components.
• Completion of an approved Lineman Apprentice program, OR
• Minimum of four (4) years of experience as a Lineman, OR
• Associate’s degree or Trade School Certification in a related field and two (2) years of experience in overhead and underground power distribution, construction, maintenance and repair
• Valid State Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a CDL certification within 90 days of hire date
• Knowledge of rubber gloving, sticking, and livewire maintenance
• Must be proficient in lock out, tag out, try out (LOTOTO)
• Ability to work out of a bucket for long periods of time
• Adequate score on Companywide assessment test to demonstrate knowledge
• Proficiency in troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of overhead power distribution of electrical circuits and connected equipment, focusing on low and medium voltage; this includes the ability to read, understand and apply information from technical manuals, prints, and schematics for trouble shooting and repair
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of NFPA-70E arc flash electrical safety standards
• High School diploma or GED
• Be able to provide validation that you are experienced in performing energized line work by rubber glove technique or hot stick
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability
Please direct any questions to the provided email above.
18 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.