Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 45856
The Senior Project Engineer is primarily responsible for providing technical engineering information to company supervision and crafts to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes and specifications.
*This role is a project-based position in Leipsic, Ohio.
• Actively supports the Company’s commitment to safety and its “Core Values.”
• Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company’s “Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.”
• Interpret the design or drawings for crafts installing material.
• Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences and errors.
• Prepare “as built” drawings, as required.
• Prepare, submit and track submittals.
• Prepare, maintain, and disseminate all required documentation records such as drawing and spec revisions, line and valve lists, progress status reports, and punch lists.
• Prepare, submit, and track RFI’s (requests for information).
• Review and comment on constructability of design as required. Conduct value-engineering functions.
• Attend meetings with other contractors, client or A/E representatives to coordinate construction effort. Take and distribute meeting notes and Action Items lists.
• Provide oversight to preparation of test packages and turnover packages
• Obtain necessary building permits and coordinate inspection and testing services.
• Assist the Project Manager and Site Superintendents when necessary.
• Materials expediting, logistics and control.
• Assist with planning and scheduling.
• Prepare and submit Earned Value Reports.
• Frequent overtime is possible in this position.
• Perform additional responsibilities, as needed.
• BS in Engineering required; MS degree preferred. Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is desirable
• 8+ years related engineering experience
• Strong skill set in understanding PFD’s and P&ID’s; 3D and 2D routing, equipment and piping specifications, and development of isometric drawings is required
• Knowledge of API, AWS and ACI standards, industry practices and ASME Section VIII is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of basic process design and stress analyses including mechanical designs of supports, guides, anchors, hangers strongly preferred
• Ability to understand client specifications, procurement, commissioning and start-up standards, documentation, practices, vendor data approvals, etc., strongly preferred
• Experience using standard computer programs for design such as CAESAR, STAAD, MathCAD, AutoCAD, COMPRESS, etc., is desirable
• Familiarity with project management software such as MS Project or Primavera is preferred
• Cooperates with other team members; interacts with individuals at all organizational levels in professional manner
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under time sensitive deadlines
• Exhibits excellent listening, oral and written skills; ability to prepare and make project related presentations to clients is desirable.
15 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.