Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 85338
Real Jobs, Real Green! Consider a career with Waste Management!
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. Get your foot in the door to an awesome future with Waste Management. Grow your career! Grow your network! Grow with Waste Management! We are hiring a Diesel Technician / Heavy Truck Mechanic
What does success look like? It looks like YOU and YOUR new CDL career at Waste Management!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Joining Waste Management provides you the opportunity of teaming up with the best drivers in North America. Our drivers are skilled, highly trained, and safety and customer service are the primary objectives of every employee. Waste Management is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America, serving nearly 25 million customers and employing over 41,000 proud employees. Waste Management also has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry with over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America
Under general supervision, performs preventive maintenance services and inspects, diagnoses and repairs vehicles and equipment.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Works under limited supervision and selects from written instructions and established procedures to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
• Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
• Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
• Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
• Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
• Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles.
• Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
• Assists senior Mechanics in the completion of project work.
• Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
When you are a part of the Waste Management family, you join a team of the best in the industry - professional, well trained, and skilled. Our employees earn a competitive pay, great benefits - including a 401K plan, and opportunities for growth.
If you or someone you know has what it takes to join the Waste Management family, please apply today.
Waste Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
0 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.