Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Please apply directly to The Middlesex Corporation (Link is at the bottom)
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Estimating Intern will work closely with other members of the Estimating Department Team to support the pre-construction phase, perform bid, proposal and budget preparation, assist with value engineering for ongoing projects and support subcontractor/vendor relations.
Reports To: Chief Estimator/ Senior VP of Estimating
Status: Full Time, Hourly
• Work as an integral part of our Estimating team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff and pricing of road, bridge, marine and other heavy/civil projects with values from $5 million to $400 million
• Work with subcontractors and vendors to define scope, and perform subcontractor and vendor analysis
• Assist with all Estimating functions for Lump Sum, Design/Build and Unit Price projects
• Assist with the budgeting, purchasing and cost functions
• Civil Engineering major
• Prior experience in construction preferred
• Strong computer skills
• Experience with Heavybid estimating software preferred
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Ability to function in a fast-paced, challenging environment
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to function well as an integral part of our estimating team
• Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills
• Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
7 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.