Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Please apply directly to The Middlesex Corporation (Link is at the bottom)
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
This position provides overall project support and staff direction to all Team Members and Subcontractors assigned to their project, and to ensure the project is completed the first time safely, with quality and productive results.
Reports to: Paving Operations Manager
Status: Full Time, Salary
• Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures
• If sick, call the Operations Manager so arrangements can be made for proper project coverage
• Maintain good health status w/ability to lift a minimum of 50lbs. and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or twist
• Call Operations Coordinator with daily crew attendance
• Be sure to have a copy of the Project Plans and Specifications with you at all times and confirm the information with the Project Manager
• Must be on site (30) minutes prior to start time to review the project with the Foreman. Ensure project is ready and all equipment is on site, functioning properly, and in position for a prompt start. Perform a walk thru paying particular attention to Potential Hazards
• Complete Time Sheets in Heavy Job DAILY (See Procedure)
• Be sure to exchange contact information with Project Personnel
• Ensure proper layout of project from contract drawings to ensure the highest quality and productive practices are used
• Establish and maintain positive relationship with all those working under your supervision as well as the Project Superintendent, and Owner
• Be present for Weekly Toolbox Talks and be sure they are turned in to the Safety Department
• Supervise and coordinate activities for all Team Members under your supervision
• Ensure crew and trucks are operating efficiently at all times
• Confirm and coordinate with Plant, all asphalt tonnage and mix types required
• Calculate number of trucks required for the Paving and or Milling Operation
• Monitor trucking throughout the shift and communicated with the Foreman, Dispatch and Plant, add or subtract trucks as needed
• Be sure all Change Orders or Extra Work is approved by the Project Manager and signed for prior to work being done. All over runs must be signed for by owner DAILY
• A Paving Release must be signed by the owner if needed to relieve TMC from responsibility for challenges beyond our control
• Be sure assigned equipment is properly maintained and kept clean at all times.
• Report any necessary equipment repairs to the Shop Superintendent as soon as they become known
• Make sure all equipment is parked in a safe area in a neat and orderly fashion and accessible to transports. Know and understand the clear zone requirements. Place Type 2 barricades if needed making sure the equipment is not a hazard
• If there are issues with a Team Member, suspend the Team Member until it is discussed with the Operations Manager. Terminations are done by Senior Management ONLY
• Monitor all Foreman responsibilities
• Be sure all Subcontractors time is verified and signed in and out each shift legibly—MUST PRINT NAME
• Inspect the project daily, prior to departing, to ensure work is complete with the highest quality and all cleanup is complete
• All Accidents/Incidents MUST be reported immediately to your supervisor and the Safety Department
• Communicate with Quality Control and review report to ensure all information is correct and quantities match your measurements. Track yields, density, slope, and straight edge
• Daily Schedule Request must be filled out and emailed to Dispatch, (cc Plant Manager, Operation Manager, QC Manager and Operations Coordinator), by 10 AM on day shift and at the end of your shift if working nights
• Weekly Schedule must be emailed to the Operations Coordinator, (cc Operations Manager and Dispatch), every Thursday by 10 AM
• Must attend weekly Operations Meeting and prepare ahead of time for upcoming special project requirements
• Other duties as assigned
• Safety and quality oriented
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License
• Minimum of 5 years paving experience
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Organized; ability to multi-task; detail-oriented
• Team player with good interpersonal skills
• CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level 1 and or Level 2 a plus
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
51 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.