Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Quality Control Roadway Technician performs inspections, checks, and tests for quality of the material to be utilized in the manufacturing of asphalt, ensuring product quality and compliance with applicable specifications.
Department: Plant and Materials Division
Reports To: Quality Control Department Manager
Status: Full-time, Hourly
• Provide verbal and/or written tests results to the QC Manager and staff
• Enforce quality control and Company safety policies on all aspects of the work
• Cut core samples from roadway and test in a timely manner
• Conducts tests on aggregate and asphalt
• Perform mathematical calculations to verify physical and volumetric properties
• Communicate daily with QC Technician/Manager and the Roadway Technician
• Calculates pay factors and tonnage totals on daily lab reports
• Asphalt Plant Level 1 & 2 Certification required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience as a Quality Control Technician with an asphalt plant
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Maintain a flexible work schedule allowing for travel to different facilities
• Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Dedicated and hard working
• Above average organizational skills
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
196 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.