Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Structural Engineer is responsible for evaluating and/or designing structural engineering documents, and providing technical support to the project team as necessary.
Reports To: Project Manager/ Project Engineer
Status: Full Time/Salary
• Perform field measurements
• Assist QA/QC with required testing
• Perform take-offs as required by position
• Prepare reports, designs and drawings as necessary
• Provide structural analysis when required
• Select appropriate construction materials
• Provide technical advice
• Obtain planning and/or building regulations approval
• Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
• Administer and provide guidance with consulting engineer agreements
• Inspect properties to check conditions/foundations relevant to design
• Process and maintain shop drawing process as required
• B.S. in Civil Engineering major in structural engineering
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the civil construction field
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player and with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work with a team in an efficient and effective manner
• Self-starter with excellent verbal, written and communication skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
• Possess strong leadership qualities
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
47 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.