Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
• Oversee and supervise Carpenter Foremen, Pile Foremen and project operations as it relates to bridge and concrete structures
• Communicate with Carpenter Foremen and Pile Foremen on a daily basis to review Daily Work Plans and project requirements for personnel and equipment
• Provide support, direction and guidelines for project operational issues to Project Engineers, Field Engineers and Foremen
• Assist in the development of lift plans, form systems, support of excavations systems, demolition plans
• Coordinate and schedule construction equipment for structure related work including outside rental equipment with Dispatch
• Schedule subcontractors in accordance to required work schedule, pump trucks and material deliveries, Inspect and verify the receipt or shipment of materials
• Develop 3 Week Schedules to plan and coordinate labor, equipment, material, and Survey needs
• Develop Daily Work Plans to plan and coordinate labor and equipment forces
• Review man-hour reports on a weekly basis
• Coordinate labor and equipment needs with General Superintendent – Structures and Construction Dispatcher
• Review field operations daily basis
• Attend weekly project planning meetings on assigned projects.
• Attend weekly tool box meetings
• Interface with salaried and hourly team members to communicate company issues, compliment exemplary work or effort and to address grievances as necessary.
• Attend internal preconstruction meetings
• Annually review Foremen, and hourly team members for performance
• Attend and promote daily huddles on a routine basis.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience professional experience within the construction and concrete industry
• Proficient with Outlook, Excel and Word is a plus.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret contract documents including drawings, specifications, scopes of work, and the project schedule
• Strong written, communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
• Professionally and technically competent
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
25 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.