Wind Farm Technician (319816)
Posted by: BHI Energy <firstname.lastname@example.org> on September 20, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
State: South Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 29673
BHI Energy is currently recruiting Wind Turbine Blade Repair Technicians for various locations.
The Composite Blade Technician will be responsible for the internal and external inspections and repair of fiberglass and composite blades. The technicians will be required to document the findings, and assemble all associated paperwork as required to be posted for further action.
- Inspect and photograph internal and external blade damage, document findings, and assemble all associated paperwork as required
- Perform coating and structural repairs on internal and external blade surfaces, leading and trailing edge, and tip repair while following guidelines with locations both in the air and on the ground
- Utilize suspended scaffold blade access platforms, boom trucks, and support rope access teams at heights of 300ft or more
- Help in all areas of site preparation (i.e. coordination of labor and materials) with minimal supervision
- Document all work performed using computer based service reporting procedures
- Communicate site status to management and site/team leads
- Ability to read and understand wiring schematics
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and work without direct supervision
- Blade access platforms experience
- Lightning protection system inspections knowledge
- Understand technology of wind blade construction and repair
- Understanding of mix ratios for all blade repair chemicals
- Understanding of blade assembly terminology
- Successful COMPLETION of the climb test and tower rescue training.
- Candidates MUST be able to climb a 300 foot wind tower, walk across hub and in the event of an emergency repel off. The ladders which you will be using are safety tested to a maximum limit of 300 pounds which includes tools/backpack weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Must be comfortable working at heights of up to 300+ feet.
- Must be comfortable working in confined space(s).
- Must be able to see and move throughout site in order to resolve work problems and facilitate processes; repetitive motion activities are involved.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
383 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.