Highway Maintenance Technician II (Job Nbr: 1865)
Posted by: Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. on August 08, 2018 at 01:47:03.
Country: United States
HIGHWAY MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN II
General Description. This position is for a highway maintenance technician with 0 - 3 years of skilled labor experience within the highway maintenance field. The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for highway maintenance work requiring knowledge of VDOT standards and specifications. This position will most likely be assigned to a crew to complete daily work orders along the highway. Areas of work will include snow and ice, guardrail and attenuator repair/replacement, signs, lighting/electrical work, mowing, tree trimming, incident response, drainage cleaning, debris removal, and asphalt/concrete repairs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- various parts of roadway, bridge, drainage structures and other road furniture,
- types of damage sustained by highway infrastructure due to mechanical wear and environmental conditions,
- materials used to repair highway infrastructure
- order of procedure to lift heavy objects
- correct work methods for various activities required to maintain and repair highway infrastructure
- Emergency patching Permanent patching
- Skim Patch with Hot Mix Crack Sealing
- Hand Mowing Litter/Debris removal
- Ditch Cleaning by Hand Skim Patching with Liquid Asphalt
- Surface Treatment Hot Mix Asphalt Overlay
- Tree Trimming Brush Cutting
- Stump Grinding Pipe Repair/Placement
- Leaf Cleanup w/Machine Bituminous Concrete Curb
- Bridge Maintenance
- work requirements within a road work zone
- rules of the road for safe driving
- PM checks for small service vehicles and pickups
- Use of the following hand tools
- File Screwdrivers
- Standard pliers Claw Hammer
- Sockets and wrenches Hacksaw
- Cold Chisel Garden rake
- Asphalt rake Round-point shovel
- Square-point shovel Ax
- Pick Sledgehammer
- Pry bar Posthole digger
- Fence-post driver Fencing Pliers
- Push broom Pruners
- Hand tamper sythe
- Paint brush, roller and other painting equipment
- Use of leaf blower to collect leaves and loose debris in piles and windrows for collection
- Mow small areas of grass using push or self propelled walk behind mower or small riding mower
- Mow areas to correct height in efficient patterns
- Use of mulching or bagging attachments depending on conditions
- Use of power rake to collect loose debris and leaves in efficient manner leaving area clean and orderly
- Use of vibrating tamper plate to compact loose soil and asphalt to proper density leaving level and smooth surface
- Use of chain saw to cut limbs and other wooden material on the ground to facilitate clean up of debris
- Safely operate SUV and pickup truck to ¾ ton
- Use measuring tape and ruler to measure distance and area
- Applying uniform coats of paint and other coatings to surfaces
EDUCATION AND TRAINING.
Education: High School Diploma, some college courses preferred, but not required.
Minimum Years of Relevant Experience: 0 - 3 Roy Jorgensen Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V
246 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.