Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 84103
Geotemps, Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer, to assist an international engineering firm focused on geotechnical and civil engineering, water resources, and environmental assessments for the mining industry. The Civil Engineer will be responsible for the preparation of all phases of engineering drawings from conceptual through construction, including road and major earthworks grading plans, 3D volumetric analysis, report figures, etc.
• Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering
• Located in or willing to relocate to Elko, NV or Salt Lake City, UT
• Personable/ easy to communicate with
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Design, draft and work with the Project Managers to complete construction documents for mine sites worldwide
• Extensive grading tasks for pond, pipeline, and drainage design
• Prepare complete sets of complex civil engineering land development drawings, which include multiple views, detail drawings, and assembly drawings.
• Civil engineering land development drawings include complex design features that require considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray.
• Assignments regularly require the use of mathematical formulas to draw land contours or to compute dimensions, quantities of materials, etc.
• Work from sketches, models, and verbal information supplied by an engineer, architect, or designer to determine the most appropriate views, detail drawings, and supplementary information needed to complete assignments
Desired skills and qualifications include, but may not be limited to:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
• Must have a minimum of two (2) to four (4) years industry related civil engineering land development industry cad drafting experience or equivalent education training or experience
• Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience using AutoCAD, Land Desktop, or Civil 3D software
• Proficiency in grading and surface management (creating and modifications of grading objects, feature lines, TIN clean-up, analysis and volumetric operations)
• Proficiency in creating and editing Alignments, Profiles, Sections
• Proficiency in creating Corridors (Assemblies and Sub-assemblies - using Tool Palettes as well as creating them from scratch, basic Intersections)
• Expertise in creation and editing Annotative Civil Styles (surface, point, alignment, label, etc.), Annotative and Non-Annotative AutoCAD Styles (text, leader, dimension, etc.), Civil Templates, Sheet Set Templates, Drawing Templates, View Frames, and Plot Styles
• Basic GIS and Mapping knowledge (coordinate systems, topology, implementing GIS data)
8 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.