Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Please apply directly to The Middlesex Corporation (Link below)
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 228nd largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and one of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Gas Distribution Foreman will be responsible for the safe daily field planning, supervision, and production of all types of Gas utilities related construction. Management of the field operations with a primary focus on safety, compliance, efficiency, cost management and innovation. Manage construction activities and protocol ensuring compliance relative to all applicable local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
Reports To: Superintendent
Status: Full-time, Hourly
• Provide job hazard analysis prior to new work activities
• Conduct job hazard analysis, daily huddles, stretching exercises, and weekly Tool Box Talk with crew
• Supervise quality control and Company safety policies in line with total construction effort required to construct in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with Project Managers, Site Supervisor, Client Representative, and subcontractors.
• Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly and erection. Plan work ahead and assure that resources are available for next day and next week’s work. Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crewmembers and Superintendent.
• Assigns workers to tasks, explain the work and supervise the execution of the work. Monitor work performance and productivity of crewmembers making sure compliance of specifications, procedures, and safety requirements for the client have been achieved.
• Inspects work performed by staff and subcontractors to ensure conformance with specifications.
• Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
• Direct oversight responsibility of time sheets for labor and equipment, as well as daily reports complete with quantities worked
• Review, maintain, and monitor crew’s productivity and goals daily
• Serve as single point of contact with customers, inspectors, subcontractors and vendors performing work in the field.
• Pre-survey job location and ensure locates have been performed.
• Train new workers in the use of equipment and tools and in safety.
• Secure work site at the end of each shift to ensure public safety and safety of equipment and materials.
• High School Diploma or equivalent and additional specialized training equal to a master craft designation.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Foreman working on roadway and or easement related construction with gas distribution experience including but not limited to distribution of Natural Gas and other gas products.
• DOT OQ Gas Pipeline qualified and experienced in the use of all types of fusion equipment and pipe fitting procedures helpful.
• Valid driver’s license
• OSHA 10 certified
• Safety Certifications
• DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with strong verbal communication skills
• Dedicated and hard working
• Strong leadership qualities
• Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work environment of this job.
6 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.