Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: Oak Ridge
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 37830
***FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION AND PLACEMENT WITH OUR RECRUITING STAFF APPLY THROUGH THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST***
USAR6563 & 6564 –CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT – OAK RIDGE, TN - L CLEARANCE REQ’D– LONG TERM – NO PER DIEM – DUE BY JULY 16, 2018
• Responsible for the development and implementation of work procedures, scheduling, cost control, project specification conformity, establishment of manpower levels, monitoring and implementation of safety programs, project conformance to national, local and/or company building codes and the maintenance of associated records.
• Monitors craft work activities and performance relative to budget, schedules, and work completion deadlines.
• Prepares and reviews plans, specifications, drawings, and schedules to determine work phases and work priorities.
• Assists in coordination of vendor material deliveries, storage of materials, expediting and engineering reports related to the schedule.
• Prepares projections and schedules for manpower, material and equipment requirements.
• Prepares field change notices, extra work orders and back charge notices.
• Reviews and interprets project controls documents on progress. Assures the project controls programs are fully automated for use in the field.
• Inspects fieldwork to evaluate progress, efficiency of operation, cost control, and ensure the safe completion of project work scope.
• Maintains records of costs and quantity information, evaluates data, and prepares applicable reports as requested by project management utilizing established, standardized automation tools.
• Supervises the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
• Administers change notices and amendments, audits contractor requests for progress payments.
• Serves as primary client contact for all construction project field activities.
• Supervises installation of materials and equipment to assure conformance with drawings and specifications.
• Supervises preparation of construction drawings and schedules. Supervises design of temporary construction facilities and ensures preparation of "as built" drawings and other job plans.
• Reviews and approves specifications, purchase orders, subcontracts, inspection reports, delivery schedules, instruction manuals and technical data to assist and advise on-site.
• Coordinates with the appropriate site management on activities affecting the contract administration operation.
• Ensures all construction is in compliance with design specifications and is completed on schedule and within assigned budget.
• Oversight responsibilities for assigned subcontracts.
• Supervises subcontractor work efforts and administers subcontract changes and interfaces with client personnel.
• Reviews and supervises the preparation of construction estimates, cost engineering studies, schedules and budgets.
• Analyzes assigned activities to determine the scope, time and resource requirements.
• Determines that vendors' bids for material and/or equipment are in conformance to specifications.
• Technical knowledge of a specialized engineering discipline, contracts administration and/or cost and scheduling relating to the construction of heavy industrial projects or commercial complexes.
• Computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet and database applications in accordance with current company Standard Application Program standards.
• Awareness of environmental compliance laws and requirements.
• Awareness of government compliance standards.
• Knowledge of company’s “Zero Accident” safety program.
• Familiarity with current industry quality standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Act as project-specific interface between UCOR and construction subcontractor.
• Support preparation and approve statements of work.
• Support preparation and approve notices of intent.
• Assign action for incoming construction contract correspondence.
• Evaluate and approve requests for proposal.
• Support review and approval of construction changes.
• Prepare deviation notices related to construction.
• Maintain Contract Action Log (CAL) with Subcontract Administrator (SCA).
• Review subcontractor invoices.
• Review Design Change Notices for construction impacts.
• Participate in constructability reviews.
• Obtain STR qualifications as required.
• Can perform all construction field oversight functions.
• Coordinate with construction subcontractor superintendent on baseline issues.
• Responsible for subcontractor compliance with contract.
• Responsible for initial control of construction work site in the event of an abnormal occurrence.
• Expedite subcontractor activities.
• Status construction progress.
• Verify changes and support preparation of deviation notices as required.
• Monitor and verify delays.
• Interface with Design Engineering on design problems.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum 3 years in construction supervision
31 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.