Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Anywhere, USA
**This position could be based anywhere in the country – must be willing to travel or re-locate**
We are currently hiring Project Managers to focus on small to large complex material handling projects. This position can be based at various locations, open to discussion. This individual will be handling complex projects may contain or consist of PLC controls software, complex WMS and WCS software, high speed carton and package conveyance, and shoe and crossbelt sortation subsystems, pallet handling systems, storage and retrieval subsystems, etc. PMI/PMP certification is preferred.
Preferred application knowledge:
• Substantial and extensive experience with planning, management and execution of highly complex material handling systems and/or automation deployment
• Understanding of the dynamic handling characteristics, constraints and risks associated with the wide range of materials handled and applications of a variety of products within a material handling system.
• Knowledge of the constraints and methods for defining and demonstrating equipment, subsystem, and system performance criteria.
• Understanding and knowledge of various controls architectures, related controls levels, and the functionality of controls domains, inclusive of WMS and WCS integration.
• Knowledge and understanding of the responsibilities and impacts of project execution when interfacing with General Contractors, Construction Managers or owners. Planning, Monitoring and Controlling.
• Knowledge and ability to identify and develop the proper team skills required for the successful implementation of the various products and subsystems employed in systems inclusive of mechanical, controls, software, and installation functions.
• Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, manufacturing, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as explicit and implicate out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. owners and general contractors) impacting project execution, using MS Project.
• Ability to identify, document, manage and mitigate project risks under a formal process.
• Development and execute equipment, subsystem, and system commissioning and integration test plans.
• Ability to develop, define, and execute acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate, and availability testing.
• Knowledge of 3rd party procurement including development of RFPs/RFQs, bid review and assessment, and contract award in cooperation with purchasing resources.
• Experience with and execution of general processes associated with change control, approvals, and information exchange involving several stake holders, both internal and external, in particular with a number of subcontractors.
• Ability to coordinate the execution of activities by internal resources as well as owner/general contractor resources and recognize early and proactively issues that require corrective action and impact on timely execution.
• Ability to cause team and organizational action to mitigate scope, schedule, and cost concerns both internally and with customers.
• Experience with the coordination of on-site activities involving many (sub) contractors vying for the same space and time windows.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Facilitates the execution of project/program solution plan for projects or programs. Responsible for delivery of complex project plans. Supports the project/program management role (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for projects. Acts as a functional or business process resource on projects. Supports execution of continuous improvement plans. Provide and active support role in maintaining client relationships and sales opportunities.
Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships of a project team to obtain optimum effectiveness. Understand and affect impact of decisions on business operations internally and moreover with customer operations. Support development of departmental budgets and business plans for functional areas. Participate evaluating and recommending changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility. Identify resource requirements with supporting plans and justification. Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems. Support recommending/ determining organizational structures and supervisory relationships for assigned function. Ownership for all issues, from commercial to personnel behaviors, in the interest of the overall success of the project.
Typically Bachelors Degree or advanced degree. Preferred to possess PMP certification or obtain within 12 months of hire.
Knowledge and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies broad knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how it supports related operations. Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action. Typically 5-8 years of successful experience in a related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Direction of Others:
Typically manages non-exempt administrative or technical employees, and/or lower level exempt employees.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and external contacts. Core responsibility for excellence in communication and establishing good customer relationships over the life cycle of projects.
Job Type: Full-time
• Driver's License (Required)
• Project Management Professional (PMP) (Required)
• Do you have 3+ years of Project Management experience? (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States
25 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.