Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 60173
System One has an immediate opening for a Highway Project Engineer for a direct hire opportunity outside of Chicago, IL! If interested please apply now or send your most current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title: Project Engineer, Highways and Roadways
Location: Schaumberg, IL
Salary: Open, depends on experience
Terms: Direct Hire / Permanent
• Bachelors degree in civil engineeing
• Minimum 4 years of related, in-field experience, including work directly or as a consultant for the Illinois Tollway, Illinois DOT, Chicago DOT, local counties and municipalities, and with Federally-funded projects is expected.
• Candidates must possess strong technical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to work well in a team environment on multi-disciplinary projects.
• Previous highway, drainage, construction inspection, track, traffic signal, and/or lighting experience is expected.
• Individuals with five or more years of experience will be expected to possess an Illinois PE, and individuals with less will be expected to show evidence of satisfactory progress towards obtaining one.
• Experience with GEOPAK or MICROSTATION
• General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Analyzes information and data to perform routine design tasks
2. Makes decisions independently on engineering problems and methods, and occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, and to plan and coordinate work.
3. Receives instructions from Project Manager or Senior Project Engineers as to the general results expected.
4. Receives technical guidance on unusual or complex problems and supervisory approval on proposed plans for projects.
5. Responsible for accuracy of engineering design and plans, quality presentation, thoroughness and follow-through, and efficient conformance to budgets, schedules, and company standards.
6. Research design options and document findings for Senior Project Engineer.
7. Maintains project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data. A good understanding of Microstation and Geopak is preferred.
8. Keeps Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
9. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
10. Usually performs as a staff advisor and consultant to technical specialty.
** If interested please reply with your most current resume and a best time to call.
16 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.