Cost Engineer (321226)
Posted by: BHI Energy <email@example.com> on December 13, 2018 at 09:17:01. Click here to reply to this post via Email.
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 94801
Cost Engineer (Field Cost Engineer) with P6 experience.
Location- Sparks, NV
Duration- Long term
The Cost Engineer will develop, integrate, analyze and proactively monitor all cost metrics for a Bio-refinery Project to ensure budget and cost objectives are met. Will provide financial forecast updates, budget variance reporting, coordinating with corporate accounting, producing quality construction metrics and progress reports as well as understanding and analyzing cost risk, predicting potential impacts and proactively recommending improvement cost measures.
- Work closely with Construction Management team and all contractors / subcontractors in monitoring and forecasting total project cost.
- Review, track and project contractor's labor productivity and wage rates. Identify early variance trends that could impact schedule or cost performance. Identify areas for improvement.
- Ensure terms and conditions of subcontractor agreements, relating to cost measures are met.
- Ensure Project Execution Plan remains on schedule and budget; proactively evaluate and recommend actions to ensure schedule and budget objectives are achieved.
- Work closely with and assist the Project Controls Engineer on all Project cost and schedule reporting.
- Attend Project meetings with Company management, and/or subcontractors and present/answer questions relating to cost.
- Actively monitor and evaluate areas of high activity; recommend improvement measures as necessary.
- Monitor and ensure the transfer of the correct project man-hours and cost data to/from other internal systems.
- Adhere to procedures related to cost control.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-10 years' experience as cost engineer/analyst on major industrial projects, preferably oil and gas, refinery or petrochemical.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business field or equivalent experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have working experience with corporate cost systems and report writers; Primavera Project Planner Enterprise experience preferable.
- General knowledge of cost control/reporting techniques and methods, contract terms and conditions related to cost, payments, penalties, insurances, guarantees and similar items.
- Must be a self-motivated individual, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be team focused and be able to work under minimal supervision.
148 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.