[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 510948
Posted By: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted On: 2019-06-21 09:49:49
Email Address: email@example.com
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
SAFELY Building America’s Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972. Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 211th largest contractor in the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando, Florida.
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team Members living the core values of Safety first in everything we do, Quality in all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do business, Professionalism in how we represent ourselves and the company, Strong Work Ethic that produces positive results, and Commitment to the Success of all Team Members and Stakeholders.
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing into a diversified “Top 100 ENR Company” and being recognized as “One of the Best Places to Work.”
The Estimator is responsible for the accurate takeoff and pricing of the work, including all direct and indirect costs for heavy/civil/roadway/marine projects. The Estimator directs all estimators working on the bid, manages the preparation of a pre-bid schedule, and assists with contacting, comparing, and selecting the appropriate subcontractors and vendors.
Reports To: Chief Estimator
Status: Full Time, Salary
• Work as integral part of our Estimating team to perform plan and specification analysis, takeoff and pricing of road, bridge, marine and other heavy/civil projects with values from $5 million to $400 million
• Work with subcontractors and vendors to define scope, and perform subcontractor and vendor analysis
• Assist with all Estimating functions for Lump Sum, Design/Build and Unit Price projects
• Assist with the budgeting, purchasing and cost functions
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or construction-related field
• Minimum of 2 years of field construction experience
• Minimum of 3 years as a full-time Road/Bridge/Marine estimator
• Excellent computer skills and Heavy bid estimating software knowledge
• Experience with computerized takeoff and/or design programs
• Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities, management styles and team compositions
• Strong analytical ability, the capacity to interpret data and make recommendations
• Team player and with strong interpersonal skills
• Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must possess strong technology skills
• Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
• 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
• Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
• Life/Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation/Holidays
• Voluntary Benefits
• Health Care Advocate
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Team Member Referral Program
The Middlesex Corporation is an “Equal Opportunity Employer—Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons”
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
15 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.