Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28277
***** Crane Operator - Lattice Boom Crane *****
-travel w/ per diem throughout the Carolinas for Bridge Construction & Bridge Rehabilitation projects
Operate an 80-ton and larger Link Belt Lattice Boom Cranes. Relocate crane or materials on construction projects. Operate crane to set customer’s items per supervisor’s requirements. CCO Certification for Lattice Boom Crane (LBC) required.
***Duties include but are not limited to:
• Safety minded and adhere to all safety policies
• Knowledge of and ability to select cables, winches, blocks, wire ropes, pulleys, chains and grappling devices according to weight and size of load to be lifted.
• Inspect and adjust crane mechanisms or lifting accessories to prevent malfunction or damage.
• Inspect cables or grappling devices for wear and install or replace cables, as needed.
• Load or unload bundles from trucks or move containers.
• Attach load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
• Install attachments such as lattice extensions, etc.
• Clean and inspect machinery or equipment to detect problems.
• Receive directions to engage in hoisting and moving loads to insure safety of workers and material handled, using hand signals, loud speakers, two-way radios, or telephone.
• Read and interpret lifting capacity charts, daily work or delivery schedules to determine orders, sequence of deliveries, or special loading instructions.
• Direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment into or on to trucks, railroad cars or other moving devices.
• Must maintain a log book.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
• Must hold a valid LBC CCO Certification.
• Must hold a valid NCCCO Certification.
• At least 2 years’ experience as a crane operator, preferred.
• Maintain working knowledge of load charts, hand signals, and state, and federal DOT laws.
• Must be able to work independently, prioritize daily work assignments, and communicate with all team members.
• Be able to coordinate the movements of hand and feet according to visual signals and directions.
• Have a complete knowledge of crane and rigging signals.
• Know the emergency response procedures for mobile crane operations.
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
• 18 years of Age
• Able to pass a Drug Test
• Legally eligible to work in the US
About Tech USA:
Tech USA, Engineering & Construction Solutions is a comprehensive provider of workforce and project support solutions throughout the Engineering, Construction, and Environmental Industries, including Construction Management, Environmental Services, Remediation, Geotechnical Services, Safety, MEP Design & Construction and Biofuels. We are actively seeking candidates for contract, contract-to-hire, project support and permanent placement jobs throughout the nation. View our website to see a list of our current open positions; however, not all of our positions are listed so don’t forget to submit your resume and request a consultation with one of our Engineering & Construction recruiting specialists to explore your opportunities further.
At Tech USA we understand that next to your family, your career is one of the most important aspects to a happy and fulfilling life. This is why we take the time to truly understand and get to know our candidates, so we can then pair them with the right job, not just any job. As a result, Tech USA is known throughout the industry for quality, reliability and the highest satisfaction from both our clients as well as the candidates that we represent. Contact a local Tech USA representative today and learn about the many opportunities we may have available for you. Tech USA is an equal opportunity employer.
56 page view(s)
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.