[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516478
Posted By: Jacobs Engineering Group
Posted On: 2019-02-25 22:13:12
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Please Click Here to apply
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
City: Lowndes County
Country: United States
NO PER DIEM
Jacobs Global Field Services is a premier provider of construction, maintenance and capital project solutions. With an ever expanding workforce of both direct hire craft and professional staff, Jacobs Global Field Services provides support to clients in petrochemical, chemical, pharmaceutical, consumer products, pulp and paper, automotive, mining and metals business lines across multiple markets.
Responsible for reading blueprints and specification to determine the scope of work: location, quantities, and sizes of materials required. Identify all tools required for tasks and identify safety risks and the precautions required to eliminate those risks.
* Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader, rules and conduit benders
* Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools
* Test continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as ohmmeter, battery and buzzer and oscilloscope
* Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
* Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems
* Additional responsibilities not listed may be required
* Minimum 4 years industrial construction/maintenance industry experience
* Ability to fabricate and install rigid & aluminum, E.M.T. , plasti-bond, and P.V.C. conduit
* Ability to use mechanical benders use hydraulic benders 2? ? 4? fabricate and install conduit supports
* Ability to do wire and cable installation by hand, by machine, and in cable trays.
Climbing, Balancing, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Crawling, Reaching, Standing, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Repetitive Motions
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you?ll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Salary: US$24.00 - US$27.50 per hour
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
321 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.