[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516536
Posted By: The Levy Company
Posted On: 2019-03-24 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Fleet Mechanic
Subject: [Mechanic] Fleet Mechanics Needed for Selma, TX Location
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 78154
The Levy Company is a heavy highway and electrical construction company headquartered in Selma, Texas, just outside of San Antonio. With more than 18 years of successful projects, led by founders with over 60 years of combined experience, The Levy Company has the proven skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently complete roadway and electrical projects of any size.
The Levy Company is currently hiring experienced FLEET MECHANICS at The Levy Company headquarters in the San Antonio, Texas, area to diagnose, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on fleet vehicles and equipment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive pay rates
• Full health and wellness benefits (medical / dental / vision)
• Life insurance
• Short term disability
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Education assistance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to:
1. Assess maintenance and repair needs for vehicles and equipment.
2. Utilize code and reference books, and computer diagnostic equipment to diagnose and troubleshoot vehicles and equipment.
3. Operate vehicles and equipment in the diagnosis and repair.
4. Repair, adjust, or replace parts and assemblies.
5. Test, clean, and adjust repaired or replaced parts and assemblies to ensure they are in proper working order.
6. Perform preventive maintenance.
7. Properly document work performed using the fleet information system.
1. A minimum of one year of work experience repairing and maintaining diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions and differentials, industrial trucks, light duty trucks, automobiles, and heavy highway equipment.
2. Valid Texas driver license.
3. At least 18 years old.
4. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
5. Must provide own tools.
6. Must obtain DOT brake certification within one year of hire.
1. ASE or equivalent certification.
2. Trade school or military mechanic training.
3. 608/609 certification (A/C system).
4. DOT brake certification.
5. Class A or B CDL.
1. Thorough understanding of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems for diesel and gasoline engines, transmissions and differentials, vehicles, and construction equipment.
2. Basic mathematical skills.
3. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Ability to learn and use Windows-based computer applications.
6. Ability to work under minimal supervision.
Work is performed primarily in shop environments with exposure to noise, dust, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, moving objects, sharp edges, and in temperature extremes.
1. Standing for up to eight (8) hours per day.
2. Lifting and / or exerting of force up to 50 pounds frequently, and team lifting heavier items.
3. Walking, bending, and squatting for extended periods of time.
4. Frequent climbing steps, ladders, and in/out/onto vehicles.
5. Frequent stooping, crawling, kneeling, reaching, and crouching.
6. Visual acuity to drive, distinguish mechanical system fluid and electrical wire colors, and to read printed and electronic documents.
7. Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common shop and construction environment noises.
8. Manual dexterity to manipulate, handle, and feel.
9. Frequent operating of motor vehicles and mobile equipment.
10. Ability to wear steel-toed boots and all other required PPE.
The above description covers the principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job. This description is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Other miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required.
100% Employee Owned
The Levy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
94 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.