[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516582
Posted By: The Levy Company
Posted On: 2019-03-24 00:04:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Backhoe Operators
Subject: [Heavy Equipment] Backhoe Operators Needed for Highway Construction
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 78154
Backhoe Operators Needed for Highway Construction
The Levy Company is a heavy highway and electrical construction company headquartered in Selma, Texas, just outside of San Antonio. With more than 18 years of successful projects, led by founders with over 60 years of combined experience, The Levy Company has the proven skills and knowledge to safely and efficiently complete roadway and electrical projects of any size.
Essential Functions may include, but are not limited to:
1. Operate a backhoe and other mobile equipment to dig, move materials, lift large and heavy materials, and compact / level earth to grade specifications.
2. Operate large and small motor vehicles to transport material, equipment, and supplies.
3. Use judgment based on experience, along with available resources to ensure accurate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery, equipment, and materials.
4. Operate hand and power tools, measuring devices, and other equipment.
5. Measure, mark, and record openings and distances to lay out areas where construction work will be performed.
6. Assist in erecting and disassembling scaffolding, shoring, braces, traffic barricades, ramps, and other temporary structures.
7. Assist in controlling traffic passing near, in, and around work zones.
8. Load and unload building materials, machinery, and tools.
9. Perform routine safety, maintenance, and servicing inspections and reports.
1. At least one year of backhoe operation experience with additional experience operating other types of heavy equipment.
2. Valid Texas driver license.
1. Highway construction experience.
2. Experience operating around underground gas, electric, and other utilities.
3. Valid Texas commercial driver license.
1. Advanced skill in backhoe operation and routine maintenance.
2. Ability to operate other types of heavy equipment.
3. Knowledge of construction practices and use of tools and equipment in construction.
4. Basic mathematical skills.
5. Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
6. Ability to comprehend and apply oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to complete work accurately, timely, and safely under minimal supervision.
8. Ability to work outside of normal business hours, to include evenings, weekends, and / or holidays.
9. Ability to drive motor vehicles and mobile equipment to and on job sites throughout Texas.
10. Ability to work outside of primary residence area throughout Texas for extended periods of time. (Hotel and per diem provided.)
Work is performed primarily in outdoor environments with exposure to noise, dust, fumes, noxious odors, gases, mechanical and electrical hazards, moving objects, sharp edges, and all types of weather and temperature conditions. Constant driving of large equipment and vehicles for long distances with occasional overnight stays.
1. Frequent operation of equipment with moving parts.
2. Lifting and / or exerting of force up to 50 pounds frequently, and team lifting heavier items.
3. Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
4. Frequent climbing, steps, ladders, and in/out/onto vehicles.
5. Frequent bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, reaching, and crouching.
6. Visual acuity to drive and to read printed and electronic documents.
7. Hearing capacity to receive, perceive, and react to common driving and construction environment noises.
8. Frequent driving of motor vehicles.
The above description covers the principal duties, responsibilities, and requirements of the job. This description is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. Other miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required.
100% Employee Owned
The Levy Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Competitive pay rates
• Full health and wellness benefits (medical / dental / vision)
• Life insurance
• Short term disability
• Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Education assistance
• Paid time off (PTO)
• Paid holidays
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
139 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.