[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516613
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2019-08-13 09:17:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Click here to apply for: Transmission Line Engineer
Subject: Transmission Line Engineer (322450)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 33401
As a Transmission Line Engineer, you will work with minimal guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of senior management. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered systems or products for a project. You will assist in verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards/practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design of transmission lines and structures using PLS-CADD software suite
• Design foundation structures using software such as CAISSON, L-Pile and/or FAD Tools
• Develop bill of material for construction
• Develop construction specifications and provide support during construction
• Work closely and support other groups (Environmental, Right-of-Way, Procurement, Construction and Project Management) on transmission line projects
• Attend field meetings to gather project information
• Maintain safe work conditions both in the office and on the job site
• Obtain project permit requirements from environmental, governmental and local municipalities
• Use and improve knowledge of industry standards and power delivery design principles as related to transmission and distribution
• Use and improve knowledge of plan and profiles, general structural arrangements, load trees, material standards & specifications, equipment specifications (including, but not limited to insulators and line hardware); and feasibility studies
• Develop discipline specific engineering and technical standards, practices, procedures and techniques
• Attend client interactions and project status meetings
• Participate in project planning meetings and reviews
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Management
Your Capabilities and Credentials
• Basic understanding of drafting/design tool such as AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, etc.
• Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
• Demonstrated ability to learn on the job, an interest in learning about the utility industry
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers
• Skilled at conducting preliminary research
• Field experience is considered an asset
• Sound technical skills, with focus on accurate design calculations and analysis
• Strong desire to learn and work in a team environment
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work on multiple jobs/projects at a time
• Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Civil or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience
• EIT/FE eligibility or registration as an EIT
• Must have a driver's license
• Must already possess the ability to legally work in the USA
• Follow Code of Safe Practices as outlined in the company safety policies.
• Responsible to maintain a safe and healthful place of work.
• Responsible for your own safety. This includes inspecting your own workplace on a daily basis and
promptly reporting unsafe/unhealthful conditions to the PM/Supervisor.
• Report all work-related injury or illness, however slight, to management.
• Personal protective equipment must be used when and where required, and properly maintained.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
424 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.