[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 516614
Posted By: BHI Energy
Posted On: 2019-08-20 09:17:01
Email Address: email@example.com
Link: Click here to apply for: Transmission Permit Technician
Subject: Transmission Permit Technician (322451)
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
City: West Palm Beach
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 33401
Job purpose Perform technical and administrative duties related to acceptance, processing, reviewing and approval of electrical transmission construction and environmental permit drawings in accordance with Florida Department of Transportation, county and city regulations and procedures. May be required to perform same duties for electrical distribution construction permitting.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews construction print for compliance with appropriate county ordinances, policies, and procedures, as well as FDOT statutes and Federal regulations
• Utilizes County GIS websites and Google Earth Enterprises to determine the appropriate municipalities.
• Obtains plat information using County official records websites.
• Creates permit drawing using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
• Reviews examples and updates to stay up-to-date of current permitting requirements.
• Verifies Maintenance of Traffic for accuracy.
• Informs designers if changes are required to proposed construction for compliance to permitting regulations.
• Perform detailed technical and specialized permit support work.
• Any other related tasks assigned to you by your supervisor
BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.
• Certificate or Associates in CAD, Drafting or related field.
• 2-3 year experience in transmission permit development or equivalent experience in electrical distribution permitting may be considered in lieu of electrical transmission permitting experience.
• Experience in development of environmental permits
• Proficiency with personal computers and MS Office Suite.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Adobe Pro
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently under stringent deadlines.
• Ability to work in fast paced environment and maintain effective working relationships with the project team.
• Achieve weekly billable goal as defined by the project guidelines
• Attending meetings, training sessions and seminars, as assigned.
• Follow Code of Safe Practices as outlined in the company safety policies.
• Possess the working knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requirements specific to the individual's job responsibility.
• Responsible to maintain a safe and healthful place of work.
• Responsible for your own safety. This includes inspecting your own workplace on a daily basis and promptly reporting unsafe/unhealthful conditions to the PM/Supervisor.
• Report all work-related injury or illness, however slight, to management.
• Make recommendations for a safer workplace and/or work practices.
• Personal protective equipment must be used when and where required, and properly maintained.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
329 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.