[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 517766
Posted By: APTIM
Posted On: 2019-04-07 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Link: Heavy Truck Driver-Off Road Job Posting
Subject: [Driver] Heavy Truck Driver-Off Road-Arden, NC *Locals Only*
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Direct Hire
State: North Carolina
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 28704
Responsible for pick-up and delivery of many types of equipment to job sites. Some equipment may be large in size. May drive the following: Rack truck, ramp truck, or trailer.
- Responsible for the safe and accurate loading and unloading of heavy equipment to and from project locations in an effective and efficient manner.
- May orient the project on the equipment operation.
- Make deliveries and pick-ups in a timely manner.
- Drives truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and area roads.
- Positions blocks and tie rope around items to secure cargo during transit.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- May prepare receipts for load picked up.
- Safely move and position inventory, supplies, and equipment and determine when load is properly balanced, tied down, and flagged in accordance with company policy, state, and federal regulations
- Ensure proper maintenance of the vehicle and report improper operation, faulty equipment, and unusual conditions to Maintenance Manager and supervisor.
- Maintain safety checklist, trip reports, and other required paperwork according to company policy, state, and federal regulations.
- May maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions.
- Maintain excellent customer service skill by interacting in a cooperative, positive, and professional manner.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
- Posses the proper state required drivers license and successfully pass DMV audits.
- Able to read instructions, numbers, and write legibly.
- Plan work.
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape and form of lines, figures and objects.
- Experience in movement of construction equipment.
- Make decisions based on measurable criteria.
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
32 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.