[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 518571
Posted By: The Industrial Company
Posted On: 2019-03-31 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Millwright] Precision Millwright
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Millwright Mechanical Journeyman
Position Summary: Plan, lay-out, install and align equipment and machinery in accordance with all
plans, specifications, tolerances and industry standards. Work in other crafts at levels appropriate to
training and skills as requested by project supervision.
1. Use effective verbal and written communication skills. Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole
numbers and fractions rapidly and accurately.
2. Plan, diagram and lay-out for millwright's work.
3. Read and understand plans and specifications. Visualize two dimensional drawings in three
4. With regard to that portion of the work assigned, develop complete understanding of contract plans
and specifications and plan, lay-out and install alignment of machinery.
5. Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that
arise or that may be encountered. Take corrective actions as needed.
6. Inspect subordinate's work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out
deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
7. Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being
made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
8. Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
9. Observe functioning of installed equipment or systems to determine hazards and need for
adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
10. Lift and carry heavy items weighing up to 50 pounds or more.
11. Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Full range of motion and
12. Work up to a 12 hour shift doing hard physical labor in varying temperature extremes and other
13. Climb and maintain balance on steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
14. Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective
action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
15. Understand and respond appropriately to all safety hazards and warning devices (i.e. back-up
alarms, smell of smoke, different colored warning tags, warning sirens).
Job Title: Millwright Mechanical Journeyman FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Craft Reports to: Millwright Mechanical Foreman
16. Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble and align machinery and
install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications; review and verify
inventory of equipment/machine components; check accuracy of line and grade of existing
foundation; prepare foundation for grouting and/or machinery placement; establish anduse
centerlines and bench marks; establish proper elevation of subsole and sole plates; set andalign
machine components; mix and place all types of grout; properly torque equipment and machinery
using various torquing equipment; properly rig equipment and machinery and direct crane operators
on placement of same. Test all installed machinery and equipment and make all necessary
adjustments and/or repairs, if any. Dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbarsand
other hand tools; move machinery and equipment using hoist, dollies, rollers and trucks; assemble
and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors and turbines; align machines andequipment
using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, micrometers and plumb bobs; assemble machinesand
attach them to foundations or other structures according to project specifications.
17. Understand and implement lockout/tagout procedures in a safe manner.
18. Produce quality work, meeting requirements of plans, specifications and industry standards.
19. Be motivated and work productively.
1. Perform all other actions necessary to accomplish the foregoing essential job functions.
2. Coordinate with other crafts and co-workers in or away from your immediate work area.
Skills required of a Journeyman:
 Use appropriate hand and power tools to properly measure, cut, assemble and align machinery and install
all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications;
 Review and verify inventory of equipment/machine components
 Check accuracy of line and grade of existing foundation
 Prepare foundation for grouting and/or machinery placement
 Establish and use centerlines and bench marks
 Establish proper elevation of subsole and sole plates
 Set and align machine components
 Mix and place all types of grout
 Properly torque equipment and machinery using various torquing equipment
 Properly rig equipment and machinery and direct crane operators on placement of same.
 Test all installed machinery and equipment and make all necessary adjustments and/or repairs, if any
 Dismantle machines using hammers, wrenches, crowbars and other hand tools
 Move machinery and equipment using hoist, dollies, rollers and trucks
 Assemble and install equipment such as shafting, conveyors and turbines
 Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, micrometers and plumb bobs
 Assemble machines and attach them to foundations or other structures according to project specifications
 Experience required for top rate: 4+ years for craft level 3
3 years for craft level 1
2 years for craft level 2.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
Education, Experience or Formal Training:
 NCCER Certified Plus
o Industrial Millwright
 Must have working knowledge of machinery, including mechanical knowledge of gears, pumps,
motor rotation and drive systems.
 The ability to read mechanical drawings and use precision tools. In addition, must have all
necessary tools (see Millwright tool list).
 Ability to work in conditions common to a construction site including but not limited to rain, sleet,
snow,dust, mud, heat, sun, cold,noise.
 Ability to work irregular hours, weekends, andholidays.
 Ability to work up to a 12-hour shift.
 Ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds.
 Climb and maintain balance on formwork, steel framework, stairs, ladders and scaffolds.
 Move in and around confined and cluttered places, and uneven areas. Possess full range of
motion and flexibility.
 The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
143 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.