[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Post Number: 521469
Posted By: NESC Staffing Corp.
Posted On: 2019-04-28 00:04:01
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [Geologist] Geotechnical Engineer
Contract / Temp to Direct / Direct Hire: Contract
Country: United States
Zip or Postal Code: 80112
Transportation Background is a MUST
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Embrace a culture of safety and quality
• Apply in depth knowledge of geotechnical engineering, soil mechanics, rock mechanics, groundwater hydrology, and geotechnical design to support heavy civil construction
• Work on interdisciplinary teams that may include structural engineers, estimators, schedulers or construction experts to provide technical guidance on construction methodology, geotechnical risk, and the design of temporary works
• Produce engineering reports, drawings, and detailed calculation packages summarizing each engineering assessment of work currently being built
• Provide geotechnical support during bid-phase to help identify geotechnical risks and develop mitigation plans and innovative solutions
• Master of Science degree in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or Geological Engineering; or equivalent experience required
• 5 to 10 years of post-graduate experience
• Strong all-around academic knowledge of geotechnical engineering
• Experience with support of excavation, earth retention, slope stability, rock mechanics, soft soils, seismic loading, ground improvement, deep and shallow foundations, and dewatering is an asset
• Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Registration as a Professional Engineer in the U.S
• Ability to travel/TDY assignments and/or relocate based on business needs
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environments
• Ability to travel to project sites and/or relocate based on business needs
Thinking about applying for this position?
Please make sure that you meet the minimum requirements indicated for the job before you apply (see user agreement). If you are qualified, then use either the email link (near top of post) or the application link (near bottom of post) to apply, whichever is provided.
70 page view(s)
© Copyright - Roadtechs®, LLC. All rights reserved. No reproduction of any part of this website may be sold or
distributed for commercial gain nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication, or website.
Use of this site implies compliance with the Roadtechs User Agreement.