[ Back ] [ The Roadtechs General Construction Job Board ] [ Help ] [Edit ] [Mark Position Closed ]
Lead Staffing is looking for Electrical Pre-Commissioning Technicians for a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. This supplier employs over 7,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities (Conveyor Systems) located around the world. This supplier is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
This is a temporary position for a 6-12 month assignment. This role will require 100% travel.
Job Family Responsibilities:
Reports to the Installation Department and participates in the Pre-commissioning and Commissioning activities with the goal of providing Controls Engineering with a system tested and ready for more comprehensive controls functional commissioning and integration.
1. Work closely with electrical installers and Controls Engineers to implement and validate simple to highly complex material handling systems at customer sites located throughout North America.
Load emulated PLC programs and complete static functional testing according to received Description of Operation and drawing documentation for custom material handling systems.
2. Complete material handling system I/O and device level checkout and validation. Troubleshoot and correct component problems ( PLC, field devices, network repeaters, etc.) as required.
3. Testing, validate and troubleshoot various communications and controls networks such as Ethernet IP, Device Net, Control Net, Profi-bus, AS-I, and CAN.
4. Turnover validated subsystems to controls engineering group, with appropriate validation checklists.
5. Provide daily and weekly progress reports of accomplished tasks and exceptions.
Two year technical degree or equivalent experience, preferably electrical engineering related field with strong emphasis on PLC controls, working knowledge of networks (such as Device Net, Ethernet, AS-I, Profi-bus and Profi-Net), AC/DC circuits, and multiphase power distribution. Working knowledge of fundamental electronic test equipment, including multi-meters, etc. Two years minimal experience with material handling systems controls and wiring.